Well, we're in California. It's been an adventure so far. We arrived Saturday morning and got off the plane to find that the airline had lost 3/4 of our luggage. I am the only one whose bag arrived with our flight. Gilbert's bag, Matthew's bag, and Matthew's car seat all got lost. So we waited for the next flight from Houston to come in to see if they were on that flight, but they weren't. So we went and filed a claim and then they gave us a loaner car seat (which was absolutely disgusting) and we were on our way to get some food. Rough start for the trip. Our bags ended up getting to us about 10PM that night.
I seem to have caught some kind of stomach bug back in Texas, because by Saturday afternoon I was a complete mess. Taking care of a 9-month-old is one thing. Taking care of a 9-month-old while having to run to the restroom constantly is like competing in the Olympics. I seem to be getting better but I've lost even more weight and I told Gilbert that I feel skeletal. I'm sure I'll make up for it at some point. I'm just hoping this thing has run its course by the weekend. I can't imagine trying to make it through a wedding with this thing. Especially since I hear it's supposed to be 102 on Sunday. WOW.
Matthew is having a much easier time this time around. He's had several good naps and he's taking seeing all of these strangers in stride. He's fun =)
No pictures right now. Those will have to wait. That's all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment