Monday, November 24, 2008

Well, as always, an interesting week at the Saldanas'. Matthew had some interesting days last week. Last Sunday we could tell he wasn't feeling well at all and he slept A LOT, but he didn't really have a fever and not much came of it. Wednesday was a ton of fun with Matthew teething. Gilbert had a root canal on Tuesday and his jaw hurt pretty bad on Wednesday so he stayed home from work. That was the exact day Matthew's teeth decided it was time to make his life miserable. He literally cried all day until about 8:15, with the exception of nap time. Okay, so not all day, but you get the idea. The rest of the week went a bit better. We didn't get a 3 day weekend with Daddy because the upcoming holiday shifted his schedule around but we did enjoy him on Saturday and Sunday.

This picture is actually a couple of weeks old but I love the looks on their faces. Sometimes I can't get over how much Matthew looks like Gilbert.

Photobucket

I love this. We have these on our mantel. These are both kids' first ultrasounds. The one on the left is Matthew at 6 weeks, 5 days and the one on the right is Baby #2 at 10 weeks, 6 days.

Photobucket

We got a new babygate to keep Matthew out of the kitchen and away from the cabinets, but he gets to play in the eating area now. I've since had to move the dog food because I was a little scared he'd try to eat it. I love that he looks so innocent as he's playing with the bag he's not supposed to touch.

Photobucket

He loves playing in here. You can even see Noah and C3PO on the ground in the background. I guess they wanted to play in there, too.

Photobucket

He's 14 months old and he still enjoys his jumperoo. He just can't sit in it because I'm concerned he'll break one of the springs =)

Photobucket

The face we got to see all. day. long. on Wednesday (although this was taken on Thursday)

Photobucket

"Oh look, the TV's on"

Photobucket

Apparently Daddy's antibiotics make a good toy. These were confiscated pretty quickly after the picture was taken.

Photobucket

Our boy is a genius. He pulled his musical table over and then walked over to his ark and brought that over. Then he set the ark on its side and sat on it. The whole thing was completely deliberate. He's amazing.

Photobucket

Playing with the lightsaber. He actually held this pose for a good 10 seconds. It was pretty funny.

Photobucket

Big smiles for Mommy (check out the awesome guitar pj's)

Photobucket

Another cute story. Matthew saw me putting some of his toys away in the closet and when I turned around he had picked up his blocks and placed them in the bookcase. Then he picked up his duck and put him in the bookcase, too. Then he looked at me to make sure I was watching. So cute.

Photobucket

More big smiles for Mommy

Photobucket

We went to our small group on Friday night and it was pretty cold out so I put this beanie on Matthew and he surprisingly left it on. A friend of mine gave it to him for Christmas last year and I'm so glad it still fits him. He looked so cute.

Photobucket

Again with the penguin beanie. Sleeping on the way home from small group.

Photobucket

Why does Matthew looked so freaked out?

Photobucket

This is why:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Daddy put some of the Christmas lights up over the weekend =)

Ok, so my mom bought Matthew some Batman pj's while she was here for his birthday but the pants are incredibly long and I have yet to hem them so he can actually wear them to bed. Well, it's been getting down into the 30's at night here and I realized that we needed to get Matthew some thicker pj's so I went to Walmart and found these for $7. Awesome.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was a big hit yesterday morning at church before I changed him into regular clothes.

Ok, so. My ultrasound is in a week and a half. I'm getting anxious. I'm ready to see this little one on the screen again and hopefully find out what we're having. The nursery has been planned out for either sex, so we're ready to get started =). I'm not feeling a whole lot of movement yet. Very, very subtle pokes here and there. I'm ready for some good, strong movement.

Photobucket

Thanksgiving is fast approaching and I'm excited. We'll be spending it with our very large Texas family. We're looking forward to it and I'll try to get lots of good pictures. I will not be cooking anything for the dinner itself, but I will be making some cake balls. They're so good it's ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment