Well, Matthew is all better now and I honestly hope we never, ever have to experience that again. He's been back in his room for a week now and I've even managed to stop getting up in the middle of the night to check on him. He had his last dose of antibiotic last night and I'm glad to be done with it. I never expected diarrhea to be a side effect of antibiotics... interesting. Luckily the experience ended well and he did not develop a diaper rash. He went most of last week without pants on because I was tired of constantly having to pull his pants down to check his diaper since smell was no longer a reliable indicator as the antibiotic killed the bacteria in his digestive system. I never thought I'd share so much about my son's diaper over the internet. Oh well. He's back to normal and back to keeping me busy.
A mostly naked day because it was 80 degrees out.

Matthew' great aunt and great uncle sent him some money for Christmas so we took him to get a new pair of big boy shoes since he was outgrowing his converse. This isn't the best shot but he looked so cute in this shirt and his new shoes.



Our boy is so smart that he realized that he is capable of lifting the lid off of his toy box all by himself. He then proceeded to take everything he could reach out of it and did not cooperate in putting it all away.



We went for a little walk the other day and it was windy and humid. This is the hairstyle that resulted from the wind and humidity:



Auntie Val sent the kids' Christmas gifts last week and Matthew got some cool tshirts. Elise got some cute blankets, a little stuffed giraffe, and some onesies from Grammy. I'm so in love with the blankets Val bought for Elise that I wish they came in my size. Here they are:


Elise has been moving a lot and pressing more on my sciatic, which is always fun. I'm really starting to hate maternity clothes and my regular clothes are not fitting very well. So really, right now I'm just not liking clothes. My clothes from my pregnancy with Matthew are too big because of weight loss and the clothes that would fit me now aren't long enough to cover the belly. The things that do fit are beginning to get holes in them and I really don't want to go out and spend a bunch of money on clothes I'm only going to wear for 3 months. I'm beginning to understand why some women wear their sweat pants a lot. You can actually see in this picture that my shirt just barely covers my tummy.

Alright, bear with me. I try to keep the posts pretty lighthearted but seeing as this is a family blog I'd like to ask you all to keep us in prayer. I won't get into any of the details, but we have some pretty big decisions ahead of us and we're really going to need to hear God clearly on all of them. No, we're not moving again, but to us these decisions still feel huge. As vague as all of that is, we'd appreciate your prayers =).
No comments:
Post a Comment