Matthew had a few rough days last week. He's teething and he'd been cranky for a few days. I think on top of that he's sensing that things are going to be changing soon... He's a good boy, though.
"Star Wars!" That is what I have been hearing every morning for the last week when I go to get Matthew from his room. It's pretty funny. This is what he does with his Star Wars toys when he gets them out of their container:



Here's the proof that he can actually say "star wars"
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Silly boy.
On the days that Matthew was particularly clingy and Mommy had to spend more than 20 minutes in the kitchen cooking, Mommy caved and let him watch a movie just so he would stop crying and clinging to her leg...
Emperor's New Groove w/ Big Girl


That's the mess he makes throughout the day =)
Watching Cars in his very own chair

Saturday was my baby shower so the boys were kicked out of the house in the afternoon while the shower was held at our house. It was fun. Definitely quieter than the 2 showers I had for Matthew. We played some fun games and just hung out. Unfortunately, the camera was left in the diaper bag so I only have pictures of the diaper cake that my friend made me and the gifts that Elise got.
Here's the diaper cake. Complete with doll, tiara, jewelry, and a pair of baby legs.

I asked everyone who came to decorate a piggy bank for Elise's room and with the kids who were here, it turned out pretty interesting. I'm glad I had them do it. Here's the finished product.




Elise made out pretty well at her shower. LOTS of Target gift cards. Some adorable blankets, cowgirl onesies =), and she even got her first purse... in the shape of a butterfly.

I had my 32 week appointment on Friday and everything's looking good. I have one more biweekly appointment and then they'll start monitoring me every week because Matthew was early. I was pretty achy all weekend but luckily this morning I'm feeling a lot better. Lots of hip/leg pain all weekend and some cramping, but nothing to really worry about. I'll probably just take it easy today with my boy.
Heck yeah, Emperor's New Groove RULES
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun shower! I love the HOT pink by the way :) Hope you are feeling well.
ReplyDelete