Saturday, May 2, 2009

Well, Elise turned 1 month old yesterday and I'm trying so hard to remember where the last month went. Thankfully things are calming down a little bit here but I'm still not able to get much done while Matthew is awake. Hopefully that will change soon. Elise sleeps well at night. She wakes twice to eat and goes right back to sleep with no problems. I don't even have to rock her to sleep, which is always nice. She's filling out nicely and I say she's getting "fat", which is, of course, a relative term in her case =).

Yes, I do plan to overload you with pictures again =).

Matthew continues wanting to be like his Daddy. It's not enough that he's the spitting image of his father, he wants to work for Siemens, too (remember the picture of him in the hat with the van keys?)

Photobucket

Her eyes are actually open!

Photobucket

See how big her cheeks are getting? (and this was taken about a week ago)

Photobucket

Daddy sat with Matthew at the table to enjoy some treats from Matthew's Easter basket. Matthew was thrilled to be able to sit like a big boy.

Photobucket

I asked Matthew to say "cheeeese" and this is what I got. If you look closely you can see a jelly bean stuck to his front teeth.

Photobucket

Mattman and Batman

Photobucket

My handsome boy

Photobucket

"Cheeeeeeese"

Photobucket

His new favorite spot in the house. This is the window seat in the kitchen. He can climb on there by himself and is allowed to sit there as long as he's supervised and he stays on his bottom.

Photobucket

More "cheeeeese"

Photobucket

Look at that face

Photobucket

Photobucket

Mommy love

Photobucket

A couple of videos of Matthew just being cute

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



I've mentioned before that I taught Matthew "shake and bake" from the movie Talladega Nights. You can actually see it in the next video. He calls it "bake bake".

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



If you're still not familiar with the movie Talladega Nights, here's a clip of "shake and bake"



Pictures taken yesterday of our 1 month old =)

Her cheeks are filling out nicely

Photobucket

Photobucket

She spent most of the day sleeping, so no pictures of her eyes open. Sorry.

Photobucket

So our TV has been broken for a couple of weeks and Matthew has adjusted well to not being able to watch Wall-E. Yesterday I decided to see what he thought of Yo Gabba Gabba and I have to say, he wasn't all that impressed. Here he is expressing his opinion...

Photobucket

Daddy bought Matthew his own "water park". Here he is testing it out today.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

A couple of videos from this afternoon, too

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



In case you're wondering why I don't update more often now... it took me over an hour to write this post because children kept calling me away from the computer. In addition to that, the cable to transfer pictures from the camera is connected to the computer upstairs... and going up and down the stairs with two small children is no small task.

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! They are both beautiful kids! Looking forward to more updates :)

    ReplyDelete