I have a lot of pictures to share, along with some videos and funny stories.

Elise is showing her support for Blink 182's reunion

Here's Matthew wearing the same onesie.

Matthew's hair seemed to have more texture than Elise's. I wonder if her hair will stay straight.

He looks like a such a big boy (with the exception of the runny nose)

Matthew is "all-go-no-quit" as Gilbert puts it. He's constantly trying to figure new things out and I always find myself asking him not to do things. He's not supposed to stand on top of chairs and yet yesterday I walked into the kitchen and found this.


After making sure to take a picture, I asked him to get down and reminded him he's not supposed to do that.
Funny story... the other day Gilbert and I were sitting in the living room and noticed that Matthew had gotten a little too quiet. Gilbert went to check on him and then called me over. Our son had taken off his shorts and diaper and was standing butt naked under the dining room table. Gilbert grabbed the camera and when Matthew realized we were about to snap a picture he lifted one leg in the air and said, "cheese". Luckily there was no mess to clean up. I won't be posting that picture on the internet any time soon, but it sure does make me laugh when I see it.
Happy girl

Grumpy boy

Still happy




I finally decided to bring out the gym for Elise to play with. I've been hesitant to bring it out because I just knew Matthew would be all over it and her. Turns out I was right, but at least he was gentle.


I've had several people tell me that our girl looks just like me. I've been hesitant to agree or disagree because they change so much in the first year... and then I came across these pictures of me as a baby. What do you think?


Ok, now for some videos.
Gilbert and I have a very hard time getting this song out of our heads. As a result, we walk around singing it a lot. A few weeks ago Matthew was walking around saying something over and over again and I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I started singing this and Matthew started up with his phrase again... then we made the connection...
Matthew's version
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
And just for fun, the spanish version... which makes me laugh...
Then there's this... Matthew LOVES this theme song. We seriously watch the show every day just so we can watch him dance around to the song and hear him sing his version of it. Silly boy.
Matthew's version
Wow. Elise's so happy! And she definitely looks like you, especially in that second picture.
ReplyDeleteThe Spanish version is hilarious (although it scares Addilyn; I'm not sure why).
Let me know if you need anything.
Erin