Monday, October 12, 2009

I wish I could say that things have been pretty calm around here, but I can't. First the whole family came down with colds. Both kids at the same time. I had a sore throat and was sluggish for about 36 hours and then bounced back. Daddy was sick enough to stay home from work for 2 days and that's saying something. Gilbert isn't one to abuse his sick day allowance.

In addition to the illness that went around our house, Gilbert decided to do some home improvements. Now, some of you may be wondering why our house (which is less than 2 years old) would need any type of improvement. Well, for one thing, the ENTIRE house is painted kahki with brown trim... here's an example of the colors...

Photobucket

Well, we've decided we're tired of that look... so we're painting the house. Yes, the whole house. One room at a time. Our bedroom is just about done. Seeing as all of the trim was done in hi gloss paint, we have to sand all of that trim before we paint it (thanks again for saving our butts on that one, Heather). We must be insane. In addition to paint, Gilbert has decided to do some DIY recessed lighting. I don't doubt that the man can do it, but that's even more work for him to do. I would LOVE to say that I'm helping out a lot but let's face it, someone has to watch the 2-year-old and the 6-month-old.

Speaking of being 6 months old, our skinny little gloworm weighed in at 16lbs 12oz at her 6 month check up just over a week ago. Chunker.

And now, for the sensory overload.

Already taking after her mommy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Matthew ready to go with the backpack his Mana and Grandpa gave him for his birthday. This backpack is where he keeps all of his favorite cars (Transformers and Disney's Cars). He wasn't actually able to open the door, but this picture still makes me happy.

Photobucket

Elise has recently decided she wants to fly. Maybe because she knows she's going to be Tinkerbell for Halloween.

Photobucket

I often find things like this when I leave the room for a minute to put something away.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He loves his sister

Photobucket

I came downstairs one afternoon and heard a really loud buzzing. I figured it was a bug but knew that for it to be that loud it had to be way bigger than anything I would feel comfortable killing on my own. That's when I called Gilbert over to take care of the thing... ew... Here's a picture with Gilbert's thumb for comparison.

Photobucket

Elise would rather play with Matthew's toys.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Broncos! In the face!!!

Photobucket

So cute. Even when she's sick.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After bath time. Matthew insisted on pushing the lion head down over her face.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Playing together

Photobucket

Photobucket

Apparently Optimus Prime was hungry

Photobucket

Photobucket

A couple of videos =)

Matthew saying "In the face!" as in "Bass in the face!" a la Uncle Chris LaCommare.

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



Matthew singing the Transformers movie theme in his best 80's metal voice.

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. AAAaahhh that bug is so scary! YIKES! I laughed out loud at "Apparently Optimus Prime was hungry" such a great line! Love the pics, esp. the one of Elise flying, and also Matthew with his backpack. So freaking cute.

    ReplyDelete