Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Ok, so Elise and I seemed fine last week, right? About 24 hours after I wrote that, we both came down with colds. I started to feel better and then this morning I woke up achy again. Good times. Jason seems to have come down with it, too. I'm glad the poor guy usually escapes any illnesses that come into this house.

Gilbert is on vacation this week and his "vacation" is going to consist of painting and sanding. I've been trying to keep the kids as content as possible upstairs while he does his thing. It's not easy. Matthew just wants to be with daddy and can only watch so many movies in one day. I've resorted to movies in an effort to distract him from the reality of the small space he's being confined to. Unfortunately, it also rained all day yesterday so we couldn't go anywhere. I did have my neighbor's boys so that distracted him a little but they started to go a little crazy, too. I'm hoping we can get the kids out for a bit in the next couple of days.

On a side note, my neighbor informed me yesterday when he picked his boys up that his 7 year old has a cut on his finger that tested positive for staph infection. Yay. So I have to sanitize any toy he might have touched yesterday because both Matthew and Elise love putting everything into their mouths. About 10 minutes after they left Matthew found the kid's dirty band-aid on the floor and brought it to me. To say that I was annoyed would be an understatement...

Matthew brought me this picture yesterday saying that it was a picture of Matthew. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't Matthew and that it was Daddy 28 years ago, but I can see where he got confused.

Photobucket

Well, Revenge of the Fallen came out on Blu Ray last week so we've watched it about 6 times in the last week. No exaggeration. Matthew is beyond obsessed with the "Fanformers". Here he is getting a fix before bedtime.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just thought she looked so cute in this little shirt

Photobucket

Gilbert needed to run to Home Depot on Saturday morning so he took Matthew with him. Matthew stayed in his Batman pj's (with his cape on) and went with Daddy. While at Home Depot, he talked Daddy into buying him a pumpkin. Then he came home, cuddled up on the couch with his pumpkin (still in his Batman pj's) and watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown".

Photobucket

Carrot face

Photobucket

We took the kids to a pumpkin patch on Sunday afternoon and it was like sensory overload for Matthew. We couldn't get him to sit still to take a picture, we couldn't get him to pick a pumpkin, and we couldn't get him to stop running from pumpkin to pumpkin. It was fun =).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Please excuse my cheesy smile in this picture. I was trying to get both kids to look at the camera and trying to get Matthew to smile at the same time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment