Matthew is constantly smothering Elise with "love". She's a trooper and she handles it well but I'm forever reminding him that he's bigger than she is and he could hurt her. I think she finally decided it was time to let him know how it feels to have someone laying on you at all times.


She really does love that doll =)

Batcave time

So because I can only do so much cleaning with two sets of grabby hands following me everywhere, I have resorted to sewing to satisfy my need to nest. Last week's project was a tent for Matthew. It was inspired by a craft blog I stumbled upon and I knew I had to do it. Luckily, I didn't have to buy any fabric for the project because I had 2 flat sheets laying around that worked out well. The only thing I actually had to buy for this project was the mesh laundry bag that I cut up to make the windows. It was made to fit over our dining room table. He's always loved playing under there.
Matthew loves his "house" and I love that he gets so much enjoyment out of it.



Elise is 1! It's amazing that the last year has gone by so quickly. Our girl has grown so much and she's made it very clear that she will do things when she's ready to do them. I'm doing my absolute best to enjoy every moment of my kids' childhoods as I can.
We had small group on Elise's birthday so we had a mini party that night but her real party isn't until next weekend.

Enjoying Star Wars with Daddy =)

Before she tried her cupcake

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.






Well, we're getting ready for Viviana's arrival, too. The fabric I picked out for her room arrived and I just have to get a few things before I get started on that project. We also got a new car. By new I mean new to us. We realized not too long ago that we couldn't fit 3 car seats in our Explorer and still fit a stroller in there. Seeing as Elise isn't anywhere near walking yet and I'm due in 2 months, the stroller will be a bit of a necessity. So we've upgraded to a Suburban... which makes me incredibly nervous, but I guess I'll get used to it. I have my 28 week check up next week and they'll test me for gestational diabetes. After this appointment I start going in every other week.
Easter tomorrow! I'm looking forward to the Easter egg hunt with the kids, dinner with our Texas family, and celebrating Jesus' resurrection!
No comments:
Post a Comment