Friday, November 26, 2010

We're back into the swing of things here. The kids are back in their normal routine and everyone has been sleeping through the night (with the exception of a couple of bad dreams). The kids keep themselves busy. Gilbert has been working and decorating the outside of the house. I've been trying to keep the sanity in the midst of the chaos ;-)

Pizza face =)

Photobucket

All dressed and ready to go for church

Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was good. We spent it at our friends' house, just like we have the last 3 years. It's always a bit chaotic because of the number of people, plus how fruitful we all are. There is never a dull moment. There's always someone crying, someone getting into trouble, someone asking for dessert, etc. We left a bit early because Elise really didn't seem to be up to all of the chaos.

Photobucket

One of Elise's happier moments... there weren't many...

Photobucket

Viviana napped while Mommy ate

Photobucket

Elise's first taste of sparkling grape juice

Photobucket

Viv and Crystal. Crystal is a friend from California who has been visiting Houston for the last week or so. She helped a family from our church in California move out here and she'll be flying back to California on Sunday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the food coma lounge

Photobucket

Photobucket

I made homemade twix bars for dessert. They were a huge hit when I made them for small group about a month ago so I figured I'd bring them for Thanksgiving, too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The recipe can be found here.

I also made some baked artichoke bread. It's basically an artichoke dip spread onto a loaf of french bread and then it's baked. Really good. That recipe can be found here.

In addition to all of the good food we ate last night and all of the sugar that we consumed, Jason decided we all needed donuts for breakfast this morning. Mmm... Shipley Do-Nuts...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think the old men partied too hard. They ate their donuts, showered, and then dozed off on the couches. At the same time...

Photobucket

Photobucket

My happy frog in one of her favorite toys

Photobucket

Photobucket

I think our frog has finally figured out that those chubby little things attached to her body are good for jumping =)

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



Big news!!! Our lazy baby finally rolled over!!! She surprised us last night and no one was watching the first time she did it. Silly girl.

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



Hanging out with Squirt on her fuzzy frog blanket

Photobucket

Daddy's girl

Photobucket

Our daughters are so beautiful

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our Viviana frog will be 6 months a week from tomorrow! Christmas is right around the corner... Time is flying by and our monkeys are getting too big *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment