I'm 23 weeks now and in my sixth month. Matthew is now about a foot long and he weighs just over 1 lb. I had my monthly appointment yesterday and I got to hear his heart beat again. Gilbert wasn't able to go with me because he had to work late. Everything is looking good. He measured right on target at the ultrasound we had a couple of weeks ago and at the time he weighed about 1 lb. He's been moving around a lot, although I think he's changed positions because the movements haven't felt as strong as they had been. The doctor said that that's normal since they tend to change positions a lot. I got a list of pediatricians that my doctor recommends so I guess I get to go interview some doctors. We've scheduled our 4D ultrasound for the middle of next month so hopefully we'll get some good pictures of our boy's face. I've gained a grand total of 4 lbs. back so far (2 last month, 2 this month). According to the books I've been reading the average is 1 lb. per week but I've managed to gain only half of that. The doctor says everything looks good there, too. The weight I've gained is all pregnancy (baby, water, placenta, breasts, etc...).
We celebrated Gilbert's first Father's Day with our families at Gilbert's uncle's house. Gilbert got a book called "Me and My Dad" to read to the baby and an iCrib. The iCrib attaches to the crib and we can hook the iPod up to it. We were going to put it on a registry, but Gilbert's mom got it for him instead. The baby also decided that Father's Day would be a good time to let Daddy feel him moving around, so Gilbert got to feel some strong movements that day, too.
Here is this weeks picture of the tummy:

Here are some more of Matthew's clothes. I know some people were wondering if we'd put anything him other than the rocker clothes I posted before, so I thought I'd share the rest of his wardrobe =).
His grandma (Gilbert's mom) got him this set. It says "Pimp My Stroller" and it came with some cute socks:




His other grandma (my mom) got him this right after we told her we were expecting. It says "Rub My Belly For Good Luck".

Daddy likes this one:

I bought the next two as soon as I knew for sure that he was a boy.



We like lions, so we've been buying things here and there. He has a small collection of lions already.

Ok, that was a long post. I hope everyone is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment