Wednesday, July 18, 2007

We're in the third trimester! Only 91 days until my due date. Matthew has been moving around like crazy for the last 5 minutes or so. As I'm typing this I'm getting the occasional foot in the ribs along with other movement. I got into a minor fender bender yesterday afternoon and I think the adrenaline got him moving around a lot. He's been a little more calm today, but right now he's going nuts. I really don't know how he's going to grow for the next 3 months. It feels like he's just about out of room in there.

We had our 3D ultrasound yesterday and it was really cool to see him so clearly. He hid half his face behind the placenta for a good part of it, but we did get to see him turn his head a couple of times. He also had the other half of his face covered by his hand at first. Our little one is shy. Just like his parents =). The ultrasound tech seems to think he may have my cleft chin and it looks like his lips are shaped just like mine. Other than that, we can't really tell who he looks like. Although, it does look like he has Gilbert's ears. It turns out that the pressure I've been feeling against my ribs is our little guy's feet. He's already head down and while there is a chance that he could turn over again, it's good to know he's at least headed in the right direction for the time being. Here just a few pictures from the ultrasound:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Here is my belly at 27 weeks. It looks a little bit smaller than it did last week, but I still feel like it's gotten bigger.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment: