Thursday, September 20, 2007

Only 4 more weeks until my due date!!! I will be considered full term next week at 37 weeks. That being said, I had a doctor's appointment today. My cervix has to dialate to 10 centimeters for delivery and as of today I am almost 4 centimeters. I am also 90% effaced and the baby's head is very low. So while it could still be a while, the doctor is seriously hoping I'll make it to my appointment next week. He said he wouldn't be surprised if I don't realize I'm in labor until I feel the urge to push. The doctor said that if by next week I am 5 centimeters dialated then we may need to come up with some type of plan. I'm not completely sure what that means... He's asked me not to go anywhere far and to be open to delivering at a hospital closer to our house in case I don't make it to the hospital we were planning on delivering at. We live behind a hospital but I am hoping to deliver at one that is only 10 minutes away, so hopefully that won't be a big deal. Things could get exciting really soon...

We finally have his car seat and we have his stroller. I think the only thing I'm missing for him is his grooming kit and I'm missing just a couple of things that I need. In the mean time, I need to get my bag packed so I'm ready when the time comes. We also took maternity pictures with our friends Kelly and Marianne. They own MiaBella Photography and they actually shot our wedding. We've gotten a little bit of a sneak peek and we're happy with the way they're looking.

Matthew has been extremely active and since he's getting lower he's putting more pressure on my sciatic. Gilbert thinks it's funny when I start to yell because it hurts. This little boy is like his daddy. He already likes to mess with mommy.

Well, I guess we'll see how things go over the next week! Here's the belly:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment