Thursday, September 6, 2007

Six weeks to go! I really can't believe how fast this is all beginning to go. At this point, Matthew could be born at any time and he'd be fine. I got to stay in the air conditioning all weekend and that was a huge help in the 110 degree weather. I'm glad it's starting to cool down a little. It's sad when you consider the mid 80's to low 90's "cooler".

Luckily, the sciatica hasn't been too bad the last few days and he hasn't been pushing up into my ribs. He is, however, giving my bladder and intestines some good punches. It's not comfortable, but I'm trying to enjoy everything as much as I possibly can. Before I know it, he'll be here and I'll have to share him with everyone =). I've had a slight bit of insomnia, too. I wake up a couple of times each night to use the restroom and sometimes I can't get back to sleep. I've been trying to stay up later to wear myself out and sleep better. I woke up at 4 today and right now it's almost 11. I should sleep well tonight (I hope).

I have a journal that I started keeping up at the beginning of the pregnancy and I've measured my growing waist from time to time. Well, in the last 2 weeks my waist has grown an inch. No wonder I feel like all of a sudden I'm huge. I'm still carrying small for being almost 8 months pregnant, but I'm definitely starting to feel big. You know you're getting big when it takes less effort to pick things up with your feet than to actually bend down to get them.

Well, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. I'll be getting measured again, we'll listen to his heart beat, pretty much the usual. At my appointment in two weeks they'll start checking to see if I've dialated at all. I'll update tomorrow if there's anything of interest. In the mean time, here's the belly:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

***UPDATE***: Had my doctor's appointment this morning (9/6) and Matthew is now head down! At this point he's running out of room so he's less likely to turn again. I have another appointment in 2 weeks and then I start going once a week. Anyway, that news made me very happy. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment