Hello, everyone. I know a lot of people are wondering what's going on with Ike right now. Gilbert, Matthew, and I, along with a group from our church, evacuated yesterday to Tyler, TX. A relating church up here has opened their building to us and we're all staying in different classrooms with our kids waiting out the hurricane. We're constantly watching the news to find out how are homes are doing and trying to have fun in the middle of it all.
As of right now, there is already flooding in the coastal cities and we're already seeing damage to buildings that are near our friends' homes. The Clear Lake Hilton is missing parts of walls and it hit a bit close to home for our friends who live about a mile from there. Gilbert, Matthew, and I live further inland so no flooding is expected for us. The major concern where we live is wind. Luckily all of the trees in our area are young, too, so we don't have to worry about any trees falling on our house. All of our power is run underground, too, so we don't have to worry about power lines falling down in our neighborhood. We're hoping to go home Sunday but we may still not have power when we go home. I will hopefully post another update soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment