The boys were here Monday and Tuesday this week and will be back again on Friday so it's been a nice distraction from how lonely it gets here without Gilbert. They're a handful, so it's a big distraction. Kudos to their mom for having the energy to keep up with them all the time.
Here are some of the pictures I've sent Gilbert over the last few days.






Matthew learned today what it means when I say, "Say cheeeeeeeeese" with a big cheesy smile on my face. Here's a picture of him doing it. It's cute =)


So, Matthew isn't allowed to wander the kitchen for some very good reasons. They include bumps, bleeding lips, and an all around lack of coordination. Against my better judgment, I let him play in the kitchen today while I put some things away. Well, he has a cabinet that has all of the Tupperware and other plastic things in it that he can pull out if he wants to. Today he decided to climb into the cabinet. It was really cute at first and I was standing a couple of feet away the whole time... and then he dropped one of the measuring cups he was holding. He leaned over to get it and managed to fall out of the cabinet right onto his forehead. After picking him up and consoling him I called the pediatrician just to know what to keep an eye out for. They asked me to keep him awake for at least an hour or two to keep an eye on him so my poor little guy missed his first nap and spent most of the afternoon cranky. He seems to be fine now but he does have a nice little bruise right above his eyebrow.





And one more cheesy smile just for good measure. At least he cheered up after all of the trauma.

As for Baby #2... according to one of my books, today is the first day of my second trimester. I can't believe it. I'm not really "showing" yet but my body is definitely changing. I didn't start seeing changes like this with Matthew until about 16 weeks but it's common to show earlier with later pregnancies. There is a noticeable difference between my 12 week picture and the picture I took today. I'm not as tired as I was and I'm still not really craving anything. I have a check up on Halloween and I'll make my appointment for the "big ultrasound" =)
Congratulations on baby #2! I hope we get lots of pictures for Halloween. Miss you guys.
ReplyDelete