Our friends Jimmy and Mari bought Matthew his first remote control car for his birthday. It's toddler friendly so the remote control only has one button to push to make the car go. We decided to show him how it works and he was scared of it at first...


But he seems to be getting better about it. He thinks the car's fun as long as it stays about 5 feet away from it and he doesn't seem to understand that when he pushes the button it moves. It's a learning experience.
I have no idea how this piece of turkey ended up on his eye...


Watching the rain from the window

Ok, so this is what my dining room looks like on a good day...

This is what it looks like now that my toddler has realized he is strong enough to move the dining room chairs around...



The two chairs in front of the doorway are actually strategically placed by Mommy. It makes me nervous to have him wandering the kitchen so I block him out of there most of the time. With good reason, too. He has a tendency to fall on his face when he's in the kitchen. He fell and bit his lip yesterday... that was fun...

This was after lunch, which is why he's not wearing a shirt. Now that he feeds himself, the less clothes he's wearing while he eats, the easier clean up is. Plus, I think it really brings out the Hispanic in him to be mowing the living room shirtless.

I think then he started to think that a John Deere would have been better than a Fisher Price bubble mower because he tried to ride it...

He also enjoys honking the horn on his car with his bottom

And this is where things got good with the gift bag =)





This one's for you, Dad. My dad asked for some new video and this was the best I could do for now. I'll try to get some good video of Matthew rocking out to his favorite songs soon. Matthew has learned what his nose is and will usually point to it on command. Here's a short video of him doing it.
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
That's it for now. I'll update again soon =)
You made your son push himself over.
ReplyDeleteHow cruel.