Saturday, October 11, 2008

Matthew and I have had a busy week. The boys were here 3 days this week so we're a little worn out. 3 days doesn't sound like much but when they're here they're here for 12 hours, so it takes its toll. Matthew enjoys having them around, though, and we're happy he's getting more social interaction than just Mommy, Daddy, and Pez. It's been fun watching Matthew interact with the boys. Especially the little one. He's only three months younger than Matthew but I can already see what a great big brother Matthew is going to be. It's fun =)

Matthew has continued to thin out. I had to tighten the waist band on his shorts because they were starting to fall off. We've never had that problem with Matthew. What happened to my chunky guy?

Matthew enjoys having his friend around so much that this is how they rode in the car when we went to pick up the 6 year old from school. (I left the little boy out of the picture out of respect for the mom. I haven't cleared it with her to share any picture of him.)

Photobucket

Just playing

Photobucket

This is my favorite happy face. This is not the cheesy smile. This is his real smile.

Photobucket

He's been trying to put on Daddy's shoes lately so I helped him out a bit. He didn't seem to enjoy it as much as I think he thought he would.

Photobucket

Showing off his muscles. Carrying a penguin one handed while playing some music at the same time.

Photobucket

As for Baby #2... I'm 12 weeks pregnant today. I'm tired all the time, I'm waking up at least once a night to go to the restroom, this baby has already decided to set up camp on my sciatic nerve, and I have a couple other symptoms that I just don't care to share for the sake of not scaring all of you. Baby is about the size of a lime now and his/her reflexes are developing this week. If I were to poke my stomach now, Baby would probably squirm in response but I probably wouldn't feel it yet. I think I did feel some movement the other day, but I could be wrong. I didn't really feel Matthew kick until I was 18 weeks pregnant with him and they say that it's normal to feel movement earlier with subsequent pregnancies.

I haven't started showing at all yet. I definitely feel bloated most of the time but Gilbert says I never really look any different. I tried on a pair of my maternity pants the other day and it was kind of ridiculous. I could fit two of me in there now. Apparently I was a lot bigger than I remember being. I'm going to see how long I can get away with not buying maternity clothes and just wearing a Bella Band. Doctor's appointment on Halloween. Nothing too exciting, just a check up. I'll probably get to hear the heartbeat and have my belly measured =)

Just for reference, here's me at 11 weeks with Matthew.

Photobucket

And here's me at 12 weeks with Baby #2:

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment