Monday, November 10, 2008

Matthew and I enjoyed a long, lazy weekend with Daddy. I love having him home on Fridays. We FINALLY got our Texas drivers' licenses. I know, we've been here almost 10 months and we finally took care of it. It's insane the amount of documentation you have to take in there to prove your identity. Luckily I had grabbed all of the forms of ID listed just to be on the safe side. Anyway, right now we're waiting for our actual licenses to arrive. In the mean time we just have pieces of paper. We also started some of our Christmas shopping. We took Matthew to Toys R Us to get an idea of what we can get him for Christmas and to start a wish list to send to the grandparents. We had fun.

Matthew went down the slide at the park for the first time last weekend. He wasn't too impressed.

Photobucket

We went to another park a few days later and I let him go down a little slide by himself and he liked that a lot better.

Our little Clone Trooper

Photobucket

Taking a cat nap in the car after running some errands

Photobucket

Apparently it's a lot of fun to climb into the case for Daddy's kick pedal

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday morning was cold so Gilbert put in The Karate Kid and we laid on the floor under a blanket while Matthew played. He really seemed to enjoy the family time and the movie.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's a video of him doing some talking and taking some time to watch the movie


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.

This cracks me up. I just happened to catch this on video and what makes me laugh isn't just the way he falls but the fact that "You're The Best Around" is playing in the background as he falls. I will point out, just so I don't seem like a mean Mommy, that I did turn off the camera as soon as he fell to make sure he was okay. He didn't even cry so I feel okay about sharing this video with everyone =)


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.

Well, I'm 16 weeks pregnant now and have given in to the Bella Band. I call it my "sausage casing" because it's basically spandex and it's pretty snug. However, it so much more comfortable that just wearing my regular jeans. Last night and today the sciatica is pretty bad. My wonderful husband brought me home a tennis ball to massage myself with and it's such a nice feeling.

I don't know if I've mentioned that I'm one of 3 pregnant women at our church. As small as our new church is, the baby wave has already started. My friend Rachel (who is also our pastor's wife and Gracie's mom) is pregnant with their 3rd little one and just found out they're having another boy. Erin is the other pregnant mama. She has a 20 month old little girl and they're not finding out what they're having. Rachel and Erin are actually due within 2 days of each other and I'm just 4 weeks behind them. It's exciting =). I can't wait until December 5 to see our little one again and I'm hoping he/she cooperates and gives us a clear shot.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment