Monday, December 22, 2008

Well, after an exhausting week last week, our weekend was pretty nice. Gilbert did have to work on Friday so it wasn't quite the long weekend we're used to but we thoroughly enjoyed Daddy's company on Saturday and Sunday. I had the boys 3 days in a row last week and I survived. I can do this for 3 more months, I really can (or at least I have to convince myself that I can). I have this week and next off and I plan on thoroughly enjoying my toddler =).

Our friend Jason has moved in with us. After a very dramatic drive into Texas he arrived safe and sound and I think for the most part he is unpacked. Matthew has already warmed up to him and they're buddies.

Matthew loves playing with Daddy's shoes and has recently started trying to walk in them. It's fun =)

Photobucket

And a video of the boy walking around in Daddy's shoes =)


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.

For the record, the weather here is insane and my child was not mostly naked on a cold night. I believe it was 80 degrees the day that was taken.

Sporting some of the Christmas PJ's Grammy sent

Photobucket

We bought this shirt for Matthew about 2 weeks before I had him and we've been anxiously waiting for him to grow into it. I'm glad it fits him during the winter =).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ok, so when I ask Matthew, "Where's the baby?" he'll either try to lift up my shirt or he'll smack my belly. Well, I was getting him ready for bed last night and he was sitting with his sleeper unzipped and his belly hanging out so he and I decided to compare bellies.

Photobucket

My favorite boys

Photobucket

Matthew thinks very highly of his daddy

Photobucket

Christmas is rapidly approaching and we're looking forward to spending Christmas Day with some of our friends since we can't be with family. Matthew has a play date with Elijah and Addilyn tomorrow while the mommies will treat themselves to something nice, probably something decaf from Starbucks. Elijah and Addilyn will be coming over and Christmas Day with their parents as well for some food and basketball. The only downside is that it's supposed to be 72 degrees and raining on Christmas. Why couldn't the cold front have waited just a few days so we'd have a 36 degree Christmas. Oh well.

Here's the tummy at 22 weeks. I think it looks smaller than last week. Maybe she decided to change positions.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment