Matthew hanging out in another pair of Christmas pj's from Grammy


Once Matthew went to bed on Christmas Eve Gilbert and I put out all of his gifts so that he'd see them as soon as he came downstairs.

The only gifts under the tree here are for Addilyn and Elijah


Matthew is used to getting his milk first thing in the morning and will usually whine until he gets it if I try to do it any other way so we figured we'd give him his milk upstairs so he'd be happy by the time he saw his presents. It worked. The only problem we had with opening gifts is that he wanted to play with each gift as it was opened so he didn't want to keep opening gifts. He had fun, though. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Christmas pj's Grammy sent him. The hat only lasted so long, though.


He's been wanting to play with this Batmobile that he's carrying around for the last few weeks. Every time we go to Toys R Us Gilbert shows it to him and Matthew goes nuts. He loves it.


He got some Mega Blocks and a dump truck to go with them

He also got a Batman racetrack. He can't quite figure out how to work it but he loves when Daddy makes it go for him.

Then he decided that although his presents were pretty cool, he'd rather play with Daddy's shoes and keys.

Christmas morning bath. He got these bath letters and a pirate ducky for Christmas, too. He had fun =). I had to spell out "monkey" because they didn't have a second T for "Matthew".



I'm sure you'd like to know what Elise got, too.
Well she got a couple of onesies in her stocking, along with a rubber ducky of her own. Hers is spotted like a cow and even has horns and a cow bell. Mommy and Daddy bought her her first pair of shoes:


Grandpa and Grandma bought her some clothes:


This is what she wore on Christmas Day

Matthew and Mommy on Christmas Day


Matthew and Daddy

Here's a video of Matthew's Christmas morning. It's a bit long (I think it's about 12 minutes). Feel free to watch it, but I think it's more for the grandparents than anyone else =)
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Matthew LOVED having everyone here on Christmas Day. I made 8 lbs worth of pot roast in 3 different crock pots and we have very little left over. As I mentioned before, Jimmy, Mari, and their kids spent the day with us. Addilyn and her parents came over. So did Elijah, his parents, and his uncle. We had a full house and everyone had lots of fun.
Addilyn's mommy, Erin, is also pregnant and she is due almost exactly 4 weeks before I am so we decided to take a picture of the tummies in front of the Christmas tree. Unfortunately, her husband was a bit lazy and wouldn't stand up to take the picture so he made her look like a giant next to me. It's still a cute idea =). She is due March 28 and I am due April 25.

Uncle Bruce, Auntie Vicki, and Elijah gave Matthew his first skateboard for Christmas. I know what you're all thinking given Gilbert's injury record but for now Matthew's only allowed to play with it on the carpet. He knows what it does and immediately tried to stand on it when he opened it.

We took his highchair down to make some room at the kitchen table for people to sit and when we brought it back out he wanted to use it as an arm chair. Gilbert and I have come to the conclusion that we really need to buy him a chair of his own.


In his pj's, playing with his Mega Blocks and sitting in his high chair after a long day

Simply wonderful Melissa.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to you as well.
:)