Matthew is finally started to really act like himself. He drank his normal serving of milk this morning along with eating a pancake and a sausage patty, so his appetite is great. He also had a few ounces of Gatorade after that and he even managed to find room to beg some food off of me when I was eating breakfast. No fever this morning, although I have been staying on top of his medicine so it hasn't had a chance to go up. He slept great last night with the exception of the one time I had to get him up to give him his Motrin. He also woke up an hour early because it was time for another dose. Other than that, he did great. His voice is a bit raspy today because of the sore throat associated with the ear infection but it doesn't seem to be hurting him as much as it was when we were in the ER. He slept in his playpen in our room and poor Gilbert slept on the couch because his snoring keeps Matthew up.
Gilbert and I FINALLY got some rest last night. I went from 2AM yesterday morning to about 7PM last night without any sleep and I finally took a short nap. We were all in bed by 10 and aside from the midnight dose of Motrin, we all slept pretty well. Gilbert, Jason, and I toasted to Matthew's health, Elise, and 2009 at around 8:30 because we all knew we weren't going to make it to midnight.
Yesterday was emotional for me. It took everything in me to keep it together all day and I started to fall apart at the end of the day but we made it through the first night. I think it'll just get easier from here on out. Matthew will probably sleep in our room with me again tonight. We'll see how he's doing tomorrow and go from there. As scary as the whole situation was, our God is still good and He is faithful. We were reminded of that several times yesterday just by looking at our beautiful little boy and I was also reminded by the strong movements I was feeling in my tummy. Thank you so much for your prayers, everyone.
"Who's to say
What's impossible
Well they forgot
This world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything
And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread its wings
There's no stopping curiosity
I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
I don't want this feeling to go away
Who's to say
I can't do everything
Well I can try
And as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always just what they seem
I want to turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's songs
This world keeps spinning and there's no time to waste
Well it all keeps spinning spinning round and round and
Upside down
Who's to say what's impossible and can't be found
I don't want this feeling to go away"
Upside Down - Jack Johnson
No comments:
Post a Comment