Earlier this week Matthew had his first opportunity to use a spoon all on his own. He had trouble actually scooping the food up but if I helped him with that he had no trouble getting it into his mouth. We started with rice cereal and blueberries so there would be less spills to clean up. Here's a short video:
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Elijah and his dad called to say they wanted to come hang out with us on Tuesday so we took the boys to the Pearland Town Center, which for those of you in California is similar to Victoria Gardens but smaller. These pictures were taken inside Gymboree. Bruce and I were joking that it was like looking at him and Gilbert during a Celtics/Lakers game. Both boys were pretty upset when we told them it was time to leave the TV.



Then we headed over to Red Robin for lunch where the boys were pleased to discover a TV that was in just the right location for them.

Bruce had never been to Red Robin and as most of you know, this is one of our favorite restaurants so it was fun watching someone get their first taste of the gourmet burgers. Elijah seemed more interested in the mushrooms off his dad's burger than he did the fries, but Matthew made sure to help Mommy out in polishing off the fries in her basket. They really enjoy each others' company.

So because Pez is very hyper and has free reign in the backyard, Matthew doesn't really get to play back there. I've thought about getting him a slide for when he gets a bit older and can play back there, but we hadn't really decided anything yet. Then Daddy had a bright idea involving the toy box lid:
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Now that we're getting down to the last 2 months of one-on-one time for me and my boy, I've been letting him fall asleep on or next to me as much as he wants. It's a great feeling and I know things will not be this calm once Elise arrives. This is what I got to enjoy on Friday morning.


Then our friend RoseAnn gave Matthew a Valentine's Day straw that whistles when you blow into it and he thought it was the funniest thing ever. He was like this for literally at least 15 minutes straight. It's kind of hard to hear the whistling in the video because he wasn't very good at it =).
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Happy Valentine's Day from our Lover Boy!


My doctor's appointment this week was fairly uneventful. I found out just how well I did on my glucose test and I was pleasantly surprised. 140 is the cutoff and my results came in at 93. Other than that, the doctor said she'll probably start monitoring me more closely starting at 35 weeks because I have a history of early deliveries. In the mean time, this little girl is definitely starting to make me uncomfortable. I think she and her brother have been secretly plotting this for a while. She decides to get into some weird positions just as Matthew decides he wants to climb all over me. I guess I should get used to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment