It was another quiet week around here. Honestly, I've been appreciating it. I ended up not babysitting this week either and Gilbert was in Laredo 3 of the 5 days this week, too. Once again, it was a bit quiet in the house. The weather here was nice all week. It was in the mid 60's and sunny. This weekend is a little bit more cloudy and it's supposed to get up near 80. I had to go out and buy Matthew a new pair of shorts because he has outgrown his pair from last summer and it's going to be too warm for pants in the next couple of days. Texas weather is crazy. We seriously have to watch the forecast every morning to know what to expect.
My boy loves wearing my slippers around the house. The other morning I was doing something in the kitchen and he walked in like this.


Matthew and Daddy were being silly with Daddy's socks =)



Finger painting! It's been so long since he did this that he thought I was giving him something new to eat. He tried eating the red paint. Don't worry, it's non-toxic and he caught on quickly.



Relaxing while watching Shrek 2.


After watching Shrek 2, Daddy put in a 311 concert DVD and Matthew had a great time with it.
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
As you can see, Daddy was also eating ice cream at the time. I don't know how clear it is, but you can actually hear Matthew saying "Please?" so that Daddy will share his ice cream with him.
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
More dancing
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
I would say that I've hit the nesting phase of my pregnancy. I'm not going overboard, but I find myself unable to let certain things go without being cleaned up quickly. It makes me more tired than I already was. Other than that, I'm 29 weeks pregnant today and I can't believe I only have 11 weeks left. Holy cow. We haven't done a whole lot to get ready, but I will be having my shower in 3 weeks so we'll see if we get motivated after that.

Since Matthew got a new pair of shorts yesterday, I decided that I'd get a couple of things for Elise, seeing as her closet is pretty bare. I've been eyeing this dress at Old Navy for a while and I've just been waiting for it to be available in store. I'm in love with it =). I'm hoping it'll fit her around her birthday and it might be her birthday dress.

She also got these adorable sandals

Well, that's all for now =)
No comments:
Post a Comment