Monday, March 23, 2009

Well, I'm getting a little bit tired of being confined to sitting most of the time. I'm still feeling fine, although aside from pressure and some joint pain I've felt fine this whole time. I just noticed things were different. So if you're wondering how I'm feeling... I'm feeling ok. I was never feeling "bad" just different. No regular contractions at all, but definitely still noticing some things that could be a sign that labor is coming soon... but then again, every woman and baby is different and it could still be a few weeks. I guess I'll have a better idea on Friday.

Taking Matthew out of the house has pretty much been out of the question unless Gilbert is with me to help carry/chase him so when Gilbert asked if we wanted to go to worship practice on Wednesday night, we jumped at the chance. Matthew had a blast and he even got to play some drums =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a couple of videos of him that night. You'll notice that he gets a little annoyed with Daddy for playing "his" drum in one video. The others are of him dancing. He's so cute.


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.

Look at those eyes...

Photobucket

Matthew trying to help Daddy play guitar

Photobucket

An of course, when the cat's away... Matthew's not supposed to touch the pedals and I caught him in the act. I snapped this before I told him to get off of the board, though.

Photobucket

OneLife church celebrated its first birthday yesterday! It's hard to believe that we've lived here over a year and our little church has been going for a year now. We had a big celebration lunch after service yesterday and this is what Matthew did after he ate:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yep, he missed out on a lot of the fun because he was so tired. I went and sat in the car with him (with the windows down and a great breeze, don't worry) while everyone partied. He wasn't all that interested in the bouncers that they had there but he loved being around all of the people.

Last night Gilbert and Matthew humored me and took me to Ikea to buy Elise's dresser. Granted, her room doesn't have to be ready until she's over a month old since she'll be in our room with us, but it's driving me a little crazy that we have almost nothing ready for her. I at least want a place to put her clothes for now. Luckily Gilbert got off easy and doesn't have to put the dresser together just yet. I feel better just knowing it's there.

While we were at Ikea Gilbert decided he wanted a frozen yogurt cone and of course Matthew got to share it with him.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Some fun this morning

Photobucket

Photobucket

The reason my fist is in this last one is Matthew learned how to "Shake and Bake", which if you've seen the movie Talladega Nights, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It's hilarious.

Photobucket

Well, the first OneLife baby wave is coming to an end. The first baby was born not too long ago (within the last hour) and it seems his name is Graham and he weighed in at 10lbs 8 oz. HOLY COW. Luckily Mom had a c-section so all of you moms out there can stop cringing =). We're so excited for Brian and Rachel!

I made Rachel and Erin take another picture yesterday since it was our last day being pregnant together. Hopefully Erin will go into labor soon because the girl is more than ready to meet the little one in her belly. Plus it just doesn't seem right to think that Elise would be here before that baby since I'm not due for another 4 1/2 weeks.

(L-R: Me, Rachel, Erin)
Photobucket

Looks a little lower now, doesn't she?

Photobucket

1 comment: