Here's what we've been up to.
The kids hanging out together.

They really do love each other a lot more than I expected them to at this age. Matthew likes to participate in Tummy Time, too.

She likes to look at herself.

We went to Elijah's birthday party last weekend and Elise fell asleep on Uncle Bruce.

Matthew's stomach is still about the same. We got the test results back and they were all negative. Well, because of how his stomach has been, I got called on Sunday to get him out of the nursery. We ended up in the nursing mom's room so I could feed Elise and since I needed to keep both kids entertained on Sunday at church during the service, this is what Elise did for a few minutes. It cracks me up that her feet are nowhere near the ground.

Seeing as it's so hot here in Houston, I was starting to get really paranoid about Elise being swaddled at night. We set the thermostat in the upper 70's at night in an effort to conserve some energy and we run the ceiling fans. Well, we were successful in getting Elise to sleep with her arms out of the swaddle. Woo hoo! She looks cute all sprawled out.

One of the things I really, really wanted for Elise's room was a big "E" to put on one wall, but I had no idea how I was going to do it. Lucky for me, I have some incredibly creative friends and as a gift to Elise, they made this:

It's pretty big, too. It's 3' by 3'. It's awesome.






So Erin and I decided to take the kids down to the Kemah boardwalk today to run around in a big fountain they have. Well, we got there and much to our dissapointment they were working on the fountain so it wasn't on. So we decided to walk around for a bit in hopes that they would turn it on while we were still there... then it started to rain... while we were standing under misters... Awesome. Addilyn had a great time yelling and running around in the rain but Matthew wasn't quite as convinced as she was. Unfortunately, while we were standing there Elise started to get pretty wet so I had to find another spot to stand in. Luckily we found a good spot and after getting thoroughly soaked, Erin, Addilyn, and Asher joined us. *Then* Matthew decided that the rain wasn't so bad. It was really fun to watch =).
Matthew has no idea who SpongeBob is, but he really liked him.

Before the rain

Testing it out



Jumping in puddles with Addilyn


=)
No comments:
Post a Comment