Well, it's either been busy around here or I've just been really tired. Maybe both. I had my baby shower a couple of weeks ago and that was a lot of fun. It was pretty small and relaxed and since there isn't too much that we need to buy for Viviana, it was fun to just sit around and talk with a few of my friends.
The adorable diaper cake that my friend Brenae made me

The girls broke up into groups and decorated onesies for Viviana. This says "Aunties Aubyn and Brenae ROCK" =)

Natalija and Rachel with their "Team Saldana" onesie. It has a big number 3 on the back =). Natalija also made the cupcakes for my shower and they were so good. Chocolate with chocolate frosting. Mmmmmm. Rachel picked up some tacos and brought those to my shower, too. These ladies know how to make this pregnant mommy happy.

The last picture of me and Vicki with our babies in utero. This was taken on April 17 and Vicki gave birth to a little girl on April 22! So happy Elijah has a little sister and my girls will have a playmate.

Group shot from my shower. There were a couple of other people there but they had to leave early.

The kids are busy being kids. Matthew still refuses to sit still and keeps me on my toes. Elise has made so much progress in the last 2 months that I can't believe anyone ever expressed any concern about her gross motor development. She's starting to repeat more and more, too. She says "Dada", "shoes", "please", and "Matthew". She'll repeat other things here and there but those are the words she has really attached meaning to. She understands several commands and is already learning to clean up her toys =). She's also taken a few steps unassisted. She'll walk across a room holding onto just one of my hands, but she's still pretty hesitant to attempt taking steps on her own. We caught her taking steps between the couch and her toy bin this afternoon and I got pretty excited. She likes to climb the stairs and is surprisingly good at getting back down on her own. I still get pretty nervous about that and I leave the gate up at the bottom of the stairs most of the day just for peace of mind.
My beautiful family getting ready to watch the Celtics game

Complete with clover hair clip


Elise in the church nursery wearing one of the pretty dresses her Grammy sent for her birthday.

Matthew taught Elise how to toast with their sippy cups. Elise gets a kick out of it and it's always fun to watch these two play together =).
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Cuddling with Daddy and waiting for another Celtics game to start

I'm surrounded by silliness =)
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
My handsome boy


Showing off his new Transformers sunglasses

Beautiful girl


It's hard to believe that we're getting close to the end of this pregnancy. I will be 32 weeks on Wednesday and my doctor has told me to be ready to deliver between 35-37 weeks. It will all depend on how much progress my body has made at that point. I'm pretty much counting on making it until at least 36 weeks, which puts me at the beginning of June. I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable. Luckily the sciatica hasn't been too bad but my hip is starting to hurt a bit. I'm glad that insomnia hasn't been an issue so far. Sitting for too long is uncomfortable, standing makes my feet swell (a whole new experience for me), laying on my side while the kids are awake puts me at a great risk for being tackled by two energetic toddlers, and I'm just plain tired most of the time. Bending down to pick up the kids or clean up is a bit too much to ask right now and Gilbert has had to start taking over bath time with Matthew. Elise sits still enough for me to bathe her quickly. It's an interesting experience being pregnant with two small children and I'm doing my absolute best to enjoy all of it as much as I can. It's hard to believe that I may never get to experience pregnancy again, but I think we may already be borderline insane =)
Here's the tummy shot at 31 weeks. I think it looks a lot smaller than it is, but Gilbert says it's accurate. I'll take his word for it.
No comments:
Post a Comment