Thursday, May 27, 2010

Nothing too exciting going on around here lately. For the most part the kids and I have been hanging out around the house. This is largely due to the heat (mid 90's) and exhaustion. It turns out that having 2 toddlers and being 8.5 months pregnant can really take it out of you ;). It doesn't help that Matthew has been waking up with nightmares most nights and then waking up for the day around 5am. We're working on getting all of that figured out...

I haven't taken a ton of pictures this week and of the handful of pictures I have taken, none are really worth sharing. The kids tend to run from the camera on some days. I do have a couple of videos to share, though.

Elise got to enjoy a chocolate chip cookie after her lunch last week. She started playing peek-a-boo with me while she was chewing and I tried to get her doing it because she finally uses both hands and actually covers her eyes. Instead I got a very lazy demonstration along with her face covered in cookie and I was able to get her to say "please" on camera. She's fun.

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



Matthew LOVES Dance-Alot-Robot on the Disney channel. Very, very rarely do I catch him actually dancing along. I was actually just trying to get better video of Elise walking to send to my mom when Matthew started dancing along with the TV. Too cute.

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.



I've managed to finish the valance for Viviana's room and now I just have to wait for the rod to be mounted on the wall so I can hang it. Next up is the crib bumper. The room decor needs to be put up, too, but I need to get a few more things before I'll really feel like her room is really coming together.

Failed attempt at getting a picture of the belly because Matthew is a glory hog =)

Photobucket

The belly at 35 weeks. I've been told I don't look any bigger. I don't feel much bigger. I just feel like she's shifted her position and my belly is shaped a bit differently.

Photobucket

Matthew kissing his "Baby Ana". Someday he'll fully grasp that her name is Viviana =)

Photobucket

Well, I have the feeling that this little girl will be our first officially full term baby. Matthew and Elise were technically considered preemies because they were born before 37 weeks, but I was lucky in that they both came home from the hospital when I did. I have no idea when I started progressing with Matthew. All I know is that at 36 weeks I was already 4cm dilated. Elise gave me more warning. I knew at 34 weeks that she was getting ready to make her debut and I was already 3cm at that point. This baby has been a little bit more like her brother. No clues. No warning. Braxton hicks contractions every now and then. However, because of my quick delivery with Elise, my doctor and I have felt a little more at knowing early on just what exactly my body is doing. I really don't want to deliver during the 20 minute drive to the hospital.

Having said all of that, I am currently only 2cm and she's not quite as low as she led us to believe last week. This is good considering I want her to stay in there at least another week. A lot could change in a week, but then again, nothing could change at all. Either way, I have the feeling this one is content to stay in a little bit longer than her siblings =)

No comments:

Post a Comment