Monday, August 9, 2010

After a very busy weekend Gilbert and I were rewarded with a 3.5 hour nap time. Unfortunately, neither one of us slept, but the kids were knocked out. We decided to watch our latest Netflix delivery.

The craziness started on Thursday when we decided to head over to Kelly and Marianne's house to meet their little guy, Judah. Friday was our friend Brenae's birthday party. We spent Saturday with Elijah and his family. Yesterday morning was, of course, church and then Gilbert humored me and helped me do the grocery shopping so I wouldn't be loading and unloading 3 kids and groceries by myself when the heat index is 105.

Elise has gotten a lot of hand-me-downs from Charlie. The latest is a lawn gnome costume. I couldn't get her to wear the whole thing, but I was at least able to get a picture of the hat.

Photobucket

Playing together before church last Sunday

Photobucket

I love, love, love this tutu. I got her to smile by singing "If you're happy and you know it". That's also why she's clapping =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last Sunday our church had a bbq and it sounded like a lot of fun until we realized just how hot it was supposed to be that day. However, they were going to be doing some baptisms at the bbq and since our friends Jimmy and Mari were in town we decided we needed to go. Jimmy and Mari's 2 older kids decided they wanted to be baptized while they were here. We definitely didn't want to miss that. Once we found a spot and set up we sat the kids down so they could eat dinner. We didn't let Elise get up to run around once and she still managed to end up looking like this.

Photobucket

Poor thing looked pretty miserable.

Matthew and Levi hanging out

Photobucket

He's so confident, it's almost as if he thinks he owns the place.

Photobucket

No matter how many times I tell her she's going to get stuck, she just doesn't listen.

Photobucket

Getting bigger and cuter every day =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

A rare picture of all 3 kids together

Photobucket

I'm so glad my kids entertain each other. They both thought this was hilarious.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't think Elise has ever looked so much like me. This is totally a mommy face.

Photobucket

Brenae turned 21 and to celebrate the theme of the party was black and white. Kids were welcome, but the dress code applied. Sounds perfect for the Saldanas, doesn't it? I didn't really *need* to buy anything, but I wanted to find something dark for Elise to wear with her little white tank. I lucked out and found a black tutu at Target. Matthew has plenty of black shirts, but I wanted to dress it up a little so I ended up making this little shirt for him. Their outfits were a hit.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Viviana ready to go in her cute little white outfit

Photobucket

Our first picture as a family of 5. Sad that it took so long.

Photobucket

We finally turned Elise's car seat around. She wasn't as thrilled as we expected. I don't really think it fazed her at all.

Photobucket

Elijah's family used to live less than 20 miles away just outside of downtown Houston. 2 years ago they bought a piece of land up in Spring, about 50 miles north of us, and they moved into their new house just over a week ago. It now takes us an hour to get up there so we decided that if we were going to drive up there we'd make the most of it and stay all day. It worked out really well for the most part. Elise refused to nap, but other than that, it was a lot of fun. Gilbert spend most of the time there helping Bruce put together Ikea furniture.

Viviana and Amelia hanging out

Photobucket

We managed to get both boys to nap! In the same bed! It was too cute.

Photobucket

I'm hoping this week and weekend are fairly uneventful. It's just too hot to have to take the kids anywhere by myself. I can't wait for winter =).

2 comments:

  1. The tutus are gorgeous! did you get it online by any chance? would love to have them on my daughter too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink tutu is from Old Navy. I bought it over 6 months ago so that exact skirt is no longer available. They do have some new tutus up on their website, though.

    The black tutu is from Target and is shown on their website, but it doesn't look like it can be ordered from there.

    I hope that helps =)

    ReplyDelete