We've had a couple of cold fronts come through the area and the weather has finally been bearable. It's funny to me that we think of 80 degree weather as fall weather. I'm looking forward to getting the kids out of the house to play. Now if only I could muster up the energy to take them to the park by myself =).
So, one of the perks of having a little girl is the hair, right? I hadn't been brave enough to try to get Elise to sit still for me to put her hair in pigtails even though it's been long enough for a while. Luckily my mom DID have the patience for it and we put her hair up a couple of times. Unfortunately, Elise has discovered that she can pull the rubber bands out and put them in her mouth so I've kept the hair styling to a minimum, but she sure does look cute.


Elise had been having some sleep issues and in an effort to get her *some* sleep and not disturb Matthew's nap time I had her nap on the couch with me for a couple of days. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it =). It's always nice to cuddle with my babies.

Grammy (Gilbert's mom) sent Matthew some money for his birthday. Her instructions were to take him to Toys R Us and let him choose a toy. We were pretty surprised when he picked this up off the shelf and said "I want to take that home." He wasn't as impressed with the Iron Man, Star Wars, or Transformers selections. We've had a blast watching him play with this, though =)


My grandpa sent him some money, too, so we decided to get him this little train mat. We're not far from the train tracks in our city so he hears the train go by every day and he's fascinated by it. The best thing about this is that he can't take the tracks apart and leave them all over the house, but that's mostly my opinion =).

We went for a walk the other evening since the weather was in the 80's (yay!). We had fun watching Matthew walk through the neighborhood telling people "I'm Buzz Lightyear!" It was also pretty fun to watch Elise try to keep up with Gilbert and Matthew.



Viviana is all smiles for us... until we pull the camera out. She's more interested in looking at the camera than focusing on us and the goofy things we do to get her to smile. I'm just happy I caught this one.


I love that her siblings love her so much.


Elise has recently decided that she no longer wants anything to do with her high chair. i'm fine with this, except she can't really see over the table without a booster and I suspect that she's going to despise the booster. Oh well, I think she looks cute at the table like a big girl.

She couldn't resist saying cheese. Even with her mouth full of food.

Enjoying some PBS kids with big brother

I've really been itching to get crafty and since my friend Vicki has asked me to make a few things for her daughter's room I've been taking advantage of the excuse to have my sewing machine out. I'll share pictures of what I've made for her once it's done. I did get around to making this top for Elise. I've had the fabric in my stash for a while now but I just hadn't sat down to make it. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out but my little model was being completely uncooperative so I don't have a picture of her in it yet.


Matthew is 3. Elise turns 18 months tomorrow. Viviana will be 4 months on Monday. Where is the time going? It really is amazing to watch these little people grow and change everyday.
The top is so cute. will u sell?
ReplyDeleteThanks =). I hadn't thought that far ahead, but I think I'd be up to selling if there were an interest.
ReplyDelete