Monday, June 6, 2011

The weekend was long and exhausting for everyone. Between party preparations, Gilbert putting together the swing set, Elise's eye swelling shut thanks to an insect bite, and my not being able to kick a cold we're all beat. Viv's party was amazing, though. As always, Grammy did not disappoint and we had an amazing frog party.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My main contribution to the decor was her banner. It's kind of hard to see here, but it was pretty cute.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Birthday girl!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Elise's eye once we could finally see it again

Photobucket

Some of our Texas family =)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hanging out with her friend, Amelia

Photobucket

Cuddling with her Hayley girl

Photobucket

Viv got A LOT of clothes for her birthday so I will spare you of all of that, but here are a couple of my favorite gifts that she got.

Cabbage Patch from Mana. She's actually pretty excited about it.

Photobucket

Owl backpack!

Photobucket

1st birthday cupcake with a gummy frog on it

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The only family picture we got that day. Poor Elise.

Photobucket

It was a pretty emotional day for me. I fought tears a bit and had a good cry the night before. I was not ready for her birthday to be here, but I survived and now I'm just trying to squeeze them all as much as they'll let me.

We took advantage of the moms being here and we decided to dedicate Viviana on Sunday. It was incredibly emotional for me and at the same time something so amazing. There's nothing quite like praying over your little ones while friends and family stand beside you. We happened to luck out and Chris Wienand, who led the church we went to back in CA, was here that Sunday so we got to ask him to be a part of it.

Photobucket

Uncle Kelly praying for Viv

Photobucket

Chris praying for Gilbert

Photobucket

Daddy praying over his girl

Photobucket

It's been an exhausting, exciting weekend and everyone seems to have enjoyed themselves. We took family pictures this morning so I'll be posting the link to the sneak peek when we get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment