Wednesday, April 25, 2012

I'm well aware of how long it's been since I last posted. I don't have a good reason (other than being pregnant and having 3 small children running around). Here's an update on the last two months or so: Elise turned 3! She had a Tangled party and loved being surrounded by all of her favorite people. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance to copy them off of Gilbert's profile and upload them. She also surprised me the other day by demonstrating that she can name each letter of the alphabet and she managed to learn a decent amount of phonics faster than Matthew did. At this point they're almost at the same level. Viviana is *finally* saying more than "hi", "bye", and "Dada". All of a sudden she decided she wanted to communicate with us and has been picking up new words and phrases every day. She's still very much a goofball. A very, very cute goofball. Matthew is Matthew and as active as ever. Right now he's in a rare moment of silence as he sits behind me playing on his LeapPad. He's definitely the most excited about having a new baby, but I can't say I'm surprised. That boy is an incredible big brother and he loves his little sisters. Matthew and Elise have both become acquainted with "knock knock" jokes and it's really interesting to hear what they come up with since they don't really understand how they work. Their punch lines usually end up having something to do with butts. I am about 34.5 weeks pregnant. The ticker on the left is a day or two off and I've tried to fix it more than once. As of my appointment last Friday I am 2cm dilated and on track for another 36 week baby. His car seat finally came yesterday and the kids were super excited that a package was delivered for their brother. Matthew "helped" me get it out of the box today and he was a little disappointed that we weren't bringing Ryan home in it today. I had to explain to him that we're hoping that Ryan stays put until at least May 5 so he'll be strong enough to come home with Mommy. I feel pretty unprepared for this little one to join us, but I think that packing my bag this weekend will probably help me to process how quickly this pregnancy went. And for those of you who are curious to know, yes, this is it for us. There will be no more babies growing in this mommy's tummy. We plan to take preventative measures in the near future. I will update with pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment