My kids are still really cute

And they love each other

Nana (formerly known as Mana, thank you, Elise) came in to spend the last few days of my pregnancy with us and to help out after Ryan's birth. We decided to take the kids to the zoo to encourage my body to keep doing what it was already doing on its own. I had been at 3cm for two weeks at this point and everyone was pretty anxious about me going in to labor.

This is the last picture of me with just 3 kids and also the last picture of me pregnant. Ever. Unfortunately I completely forgot to take one last belly picture until I was in the hospital gown and all hooked up to machines.

The zoo did the trick. The next day I was 4.5cm and my doctor sent me to the hospital. She took her time really getting the induction process started because she was running late that day and she arrived at the hospital right before the nurses' shift change and didn't want to stress anyone out. Once we really got started it all moved really quickly. By the time she broke my water I was already 7cm and Ryan was born an hour later in one push. So from the time I left my appointment to delivery was a grand total of 4 hours. Only 2 of those were uncomfortable. Good times.
5/9/12. 8:29pm. 6lbs, 3oz.

Coming home!



All 4 (!) of my kids

About 1 week old

2 weeks old

Mattman sure is big now

This is how Matthew plays with Ryan

Viv turned 2! We threw her a relatively small (for us) party at Gilbert's mom's house. She's gotten a bit dark already this summer because she LOVES being in Grammy's pool. We went with a zoo animal theme and she went crazy for it.
Super cute giraffe print birthday outfit

Elise riding the neighbor's horse. She loved it.

At the end of her party with her buddy Amelia. Viv has perfected the pout and I love the contrast of Amelia's big cheesy smile.

Enjoying her gift from her grandparents

Birthday morning donut!



Birthday dinner at Red Robin with the grandparents

Elise and her Nana are like two peas in a pod

At the pediatrician for Viv's 2 year check up. I just find the size difference amusing.

Yep.

5 weeks old



One last story time before Grandpa got on the plane to go home.

My parents were here for a total of 5.5 weeks. My mom was here for 4 and my dad was here for 2. They overlapped for about 5 days. Now the kids are getting used to just having me in the house with them all day. They definitely got off to a rough start there. Now if only I could get back to sleeping through the night ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment