August wound up being A LOT busier than I anticipated. After the zoo, the only adventure I got to take my boy on was a day trip to Dallas where we had In-N-Out (glory, glory, HALLELUJAH!) and visited Dealey Plaza. Jason and Vanessa's wedding was beautiful and while we were so, so excited to be a part of it, we are happy to not be so busy anymore :)
Matthew started kindergarten at the end of August. His first 2 weeks did not go the way we anticipated. My poor guy had a really, really rough time. He's such a social boy that I was really thrown. He cried, had nightmares, clung to Mommy. It was rough. However, I am happy to report that things are much, much better now.



My dad was here for 4 weeks between Jason and Vanessa's wedding and Matthew's birthday. The kids loved it!

We celebrated Matthew turning 6 at Chuck E. Cheese's with our friends and some Lego Star Wars cupcakes! We had initally planned to have a pool party at Grammy's house, but in a moment of sheer genius Gilbert suggested Chuck E. Cheese's. The day after we booked the party the rain chance went up significantly. Then is proceeded to rain for most of his birthday. My husband is a genius, I tell you.


Matthew didn't want to get in the ticket blaster. Gilbert was more than happy to take his place :)

That's the quick catch up! Up next: pumpkin patching!
No comments:
Post a Comment