Wednesday, March 28, 2007

So we had our Dr.'s appointment yesterday. Gilbert was able to go with me again. They asked a bunch of questions about family history and they did some of the regular exams. We were also told about our different options as far as hospitals. It sounds like it's pretty much up to us, so we're going to find out when we can tour the hospitals. We have plenty of time to make that decision.

They did another ultrasound and everything looks great. The baby actually measured 5 days older than it did last time. Instead of 10 weeks 6 days it measured at 11 weeks 4 days but the doctor said to stick with the due date they gave me initially. That puts me at 11 weeks today. In 3 weeks I'll be starting my 2nd trimester! We got to see the baby moving! It was moving its' arms and legs around during the ultrasound. We got to see the heart beat again and we saw the fingers and toes. During the ultrasound the doctor asked us what we thought of finding out the sex and we told him we'd like to know. We were expecting him to say that we'd find out at the next ultrasound in about 8-9 weeks but he pointed out what he called "the rocket and the two little guys hanging out next to it". Sooooooo the doctor can't be positive but he's thinking it's a boy. We'll get a clearer look at it at our next ultrasound around 20 weeks to have a better idea but he was pretty convinced it's a boy. So it's not official just yet, there's still a chance that the doctor is wrong. The most exciting thing of the whole visit was watching the baby move during the ultrasound. =)

Everything looks very good. I have another appointment four weeks from tomorrow and we'll probably get to hear the baby's heartbeat at that appointment. I finally stopped losing weight so I'll probably start gaining very slowly from this point on. My appetite is good. I'm still picky about food. Still tired, but that's the worst of it. I'm not showing at all yet, but I probably will within the next month. We'll see.

Here is the picture from the ultrasound. The baby's head is on the right and it's body is on the left. You can also see his arms. Baby Saldana at 10 weeks, 6 days:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment