So according to one of my pregnancy calendars, I have just begun my fourth month. I will be 14 weeks pregnant on Wednesday and that will also be the start of my 2nd trimester. At this point the baby is measured crown to rump (or head to bottom) and this week should be about 3 1/2 inches long and weighs about 1 1/2 ounces. I'm still not feeling the baby's movement. Most women feel it for the first time between 17 and 22 weeks. I'll be almost 18 weeks around Mother's Day and I think it would be pretty neat to feel the baby moving around that time, but we'll see. I'm still not showing at all but with the baby not being very big it doesn't surprise me that I'm not showing. I've been feeling okay. Still tired a lot and my emotions can be all over the place sometimes but that hasn't been too bad. More than anything I'm just grateful that I never got morning sickness.
Gilbert is getting a little impatient with the pregnancy. He keeps telling me he just wants to hold the baby and I have to remind him that we have 6 months to go. We have a doctor's appointment next week and we'll get to hear the heartbeat. No ultrasound at this appointment, but we'll have our next ultrasound at the appointment after that (probably at the end of May). If the baby cooperates with us at that ultrasound we'll get to find out for sure whether we're having a boy or a girl. I know I posted last time that the doctor thinks it's a boy, but we took that with a HUGE grain of salt because it was so early. Either way we've got plans for the nursery and we've got names picked out. If it's a boy his name will be Matthew Ezekiel and if it's a girl her name will be Elise Victoria. Of course if it's a boy it looks like the nursery is going to be Star Wars (not much of a surprise to those of you who know Gilbert). We have a couple different ideas to choose from for a girl.
I'll hopefully have a more interesting update next week. So far this pregnancy has been pretty uneventful (in a good way) and I know a lot of people are wanting to see the "baby bump" but there's nothing there yet. Hope everyone is doing well!
No comments:
Post a Comment