Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart
Never to part, baby of mine
Little one when you play
Don't you mind what they say
Let those eyes sparkle and shine
Never a tear, baby of mine
If they knew sweet little you
They'd end up loving you too
All those same people who scold you
What they'd give just for
The right to hold you
From your head to your toes
You're not much, goodness knows
But you're so precious to me
Sweet as can be, baby of mine"


I'm not a country fan. I've managed to avoid most of it while living here because I don't really listen to the radio. However, I downloaded the Alison Krauss version of that song the other day. In case you don't recognize it, it's from Dumbo. Well, last year a friend of mine got married and she and her dad danced to this at her wedding. It stuck out in my mind and I decided to look it up and ended up downloading it. I ended up in tears after listening to it. Matthew was in a horrible mood all day that day and he was only happy if I held him. So there I was, listening to "Baby Mine" and holding my little boy. Goodness, I'm an emotional wreck.

Something about Mother's Day being right around the corner has me incredibly emotional. It's insane. Matthew smiles at me and I lose it. Gilbert might not know what to do with me on Sunday.

I had to post again because I have some new pictures to share. Matthew has also figured out he can get across the room by rolling. I'm in trouble. I can't leave him in the living room while I go into the kitchen to do dishes (they're right next to each other and I can see him from where I stand). He's a bit whiney in video and it's a little long but it's fun to watch. Here's the video:



Matthew showing off his bling

Photobucket

My mom gave Matthew a plastic toy photo album when she came out and the only picture I've been able to put in it is an old picture of my brother. Matthew loves staring at my brother and he tries to eat his picture. I need to put more pictures in it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

He's so cute in hoodies

Photobucket

Darth Baby and Darth Daddy

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment