This year I will celebrate my son. It is because of him that the term "mother" now applies to me. I never thought the words "I'm a mommy" would bring tears to my eyes with just the thought of them. I've endured sleepless nights, dirty diapers, fussy days, and the physical pains of creating and sustaining life through labor, delivery, and now nursing (my pregnancy was wonderful). It's only the beginning. I was one of the lucky ones who didn't get stretch marks during pregnancy, but I know that I cannot avoid the emotional stretch marks that the years will bring.
My son is beautiful. I know he is. Everyone tells me he is. In the end, though, the most important thing is that he's mine. The privilege and the responsibility of raising a godly man falls upon Gilbert and I now and a lot of time will be spent on our knees asking for wisdom. God's been good to us and has blessed us with this incredible little (or not so little at 21 lbs) miracle. Over a year and a half ago I was told that it would be difficult for me to get pregnant without the use of fertility drugs. Three months later I was pregnant without them. Who knows when God will decide to bless us with another little miracle. When He does, we'll be excited. For now, though, I'm going to enjoy my boy and being his mommy.
Matthew - "Gift of God"
Ezekiel - "God will strengthen"
"Love is the answer
At least for most of the questions in my heart ,
Like why are we here? And where do we go?
And how come it's so hard?
It's not always easy,
And sometimes life can be deceiving,
I'll tell you one thing, its always better when we're together"





No comments:
Post a Comment