Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Long update

This week is a big one in our family. Mother's Day on Sunday and today Gilbert and I are celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. We're not going to be doing much. I'm making pot roast and then the three of us will probably just spend some time together. A relaxing evening together.

My Mother's Day was great. Gilbert called me on Friday and told me that he and Matthew would be giving me my gift early. He said Matthew had been telling him that he wanted to take me shopping because I needed new clothes. So Friday night my boys took me to the mall and I got some new clothes =). Sunday morning we got up early and went to church. The boys and the Pez gave me my cards. After church they took me to lunch at Panda Express. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal but Gilbert doesn't like Panda Express so when he asked what I wanted to eat on Mother's Day I figured I'd take advantage of the opportunity to eat whatever I wanted. So Gilbert says we had the typical redneck Mother's Day because he took me to my favorite fast food place. I didn't care. The food was good and there were no long lines. We totally forgot to take pictures of me and Matthew until right before I put him down for the night. Gilbert was busy doing something so I ended up taking my own pictures. Either way, at least I have something:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here he is grabbing my face:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Of course on the days that the Celtics play he has to wear his jersey:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's his new thing. He's not crawling yet but he's trying to figure out how to. He'll go from sitting straight up to leaning on his hands and one knee with the other leg stuck under him. He usually goes from that position to his stomach and then proceeds to roll around. I'm sure he'll figure it out soon. Here's a picture of him sitting like that:

Photobucket

While rolling around on the floor he found one of the door stops.

Photobucket

Speaking of things he's found, I'm lucky he hasn't tried this without a diaper. I'm sure it's Cookie Monster that's drawing his attention there:

Photobucket

These are just cute:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, Saturday morning Gilbert was outside and he decided to check some insect traps that were laid down in the garage. He noticed one of the traps wasn't where it was supposed to be and when he looked closer, he realized there was a snake stuck to it. The head and tail were stuck to the trap and the rest of its body was inside the wall. Well, Gilbert has a phobia of snakes and he started freaking out. We went next door to see if our neighbor would help us out and they weren't home so we called a couple of our friends to see if they knew anything about snakes. One of our friends offered to come help us out and we took him up on his offer. While we waited for him I decided to see if our other neighbor could help us out. He's a fire fighter and he said he could go get his fire gloves and get it out for us. We called our friend and told him not to come out anymore. Our neighbor pulled the snake out and it was about 18" long. He went down the street and threw it in a pond. We owe him. Gilbert wouldn't let me take a picture of it. Sorry.

Gilbert got this sprinkler as a gift one year for Christmas. He decided to use it so he could send a picture of it to his friend:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, last week I posted a picture of the Pinche Burger so in keeping with the oddly named businesses in our area, here is The Happy Hooker:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment