Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

Today we're celebrating mine and Matthew's favorite guy in the whole world. Daddy (Gilbert). He loves the both of us so much that even though it takes sacrifice on everyone's part, he lets me stay home with the boy. Gilbert is a great husband, provider, and friend (to me and all of our friends). Matthew loves his daddy so much. The whole world lights up when Daddy comes home from work. Matthew has a smile that he saves just for Daddy. It's one of the best parts of my day to see him get so excited to see Gilbert. I knew there was a good reason I wanted to make Gilbert a Daddy. I asked Gilbert what he wanted for his first Father's Day and he pointed to Matthew and said, "He's sitting right there."

The boys both took a 3 hour nap today. Not together, but at the same time. Matthew even wore a couple of Daddy's favorite things today. This morning he wore a t-shirt (that Grandma bought him) with Darth Vader on it that says "My dad can beat up your dad". Of course, later on in the day he changed into his Celtics jersey. We went to church in the morning and Matthew made his first craft today. We went into the nursery and they put his handprint and picture on a piece of paper with this poem on it.

Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.

But every day I'm growing -
I'll be grown some day
And all those tiny handprints
Will surely fade away.

So here's a little handprint
Just so you can recall
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.

Photobucket

Gilbert was very happy to get his present. We're going to be watching Game 5 of the NBA Finals soon and Gilbert is hoping for the Championship tonight.

Photobucket

These pictures tug at my heart like nothing else

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Happy Father's Day to the best Daddy a boy (and Mommy) could ask for!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment