We tried finger painting. We got the Crayola non-toxic washable finger paints and some poster board. I was convinced he was going to try to eat it, but he didn't. He didn't quite get what to do with the paint at first but I think he figured it out. He seemed to enjoy the bath that came afterward a bit more than he enjoyed painting.





The mess he made

The masterpiece

Sitting in the tub waiting for his bath

Now that he's crawling, he's taken to exploring areas of the house that aren't carpeted. He thinks the kitchen is the place to be. Maybe because Mommy is in there so much washing dishes, cooking, feeding him, eating lunch.




Happy boy with his Leonidas

After all the happiness, Matthew managed to come down with a cold yesterday. Yesterday morning was very dramatic for him. Anything I did set him off. I put him down when he was done eating... he cried. I took two steps away from him... he cried. I wiped his nose... he cried. I changed his diaper... he cried. I think the only time he didn't cry was when I put him in his crib for his nap. We were supposed to meet up with Bruce and Elijah yesterday for a play date at the park. When Matthew had a low grade fever I called Bruce and told him we'd reschedule. We took a quick trip to Target because we needed diapers and infant Tylenol and instead of his cheerful, curious self, he was slumped down in the cart looking miserable. Poor boy. I've been doing my best to keep him happy and wiping green snot from his face. I did call his pediatrician to see if she wants to see him but she's not concerned at this point. I figured as much, but I called her anyway. Just supposed to keep an eye on the fever and any chest congestion he might get.

Booger face

This was his happiest time this morning




Right before nap time

No comments:
Post a Comment