We've had a fairly uneventful week around here. Sunday was fairly warm. I think it was in the high 70's and then we had a cold front come in early in the week and temperatures dropped down into the 50's and they just got lower and lower until we hit a low of 26 last night. We stayed inside most of the week because of the cold weather. Nap time is also from about 10am-5pm now that the kids are trading off. It's insane. We did get snow yesterday! It snowed from about 9am to the late afternoon. It was fun.
It was warm enough on Sunday for Matthew to wear shorts and spend some time in the front yard with Daddy learning how to catch a football.



And then this happened...
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
This is what Gilbert's work of art looks like this year

Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
I think Matthew thought that if he grabbed both of our phones he could talk to both grandmas at the same time.

Our Batgirl

She likes Matthew's Batcave as much as he does

I think Matthew is getting ready for his big boy bed. We often find him like this now.

I would also like to note that although his pajamas have construction vehicles on them he insists that they're Devastator pajamas. I can see where he gets that, but I don't think that's what Carters had in mind when they picked the fabric for those pajamas. That boy is obsessed with his "Fanformers".
Now for the snow!
Unfortunately, we did have to go out in it. We managed to stay home all week, and then I had to take the kids to the pediatrician in the snow. Elise broke out in a rash and had diarrhea and I thought it might be a reaction to a new formula we're trying out so the doctor wanted to see her. It turns out it was all the result of a virus. I'm a little relieved it wasn't the formula.
Anyway, we went to the doctor in the snow and I think Matthew was a little freaked out by it. He liked looking at it but as soon as it hit his skin he wanted nothing to do with it. Elise just didn't like being cold. Kudos to our friends who have small children and live in places where snow is a normal occurrence. It was not fun taking the kids out in that. I did let Matthew walk around in it for a while when we got back, though.





From what I hear, it didn't stick in some of our friends' neighborhoods so we lucked out that it stuck for a couple of hours at our house.
Gilbert took Matthew out again when he got home from work and I think Matthew was a little more excited the second time around


Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Then we were all sitting around enjoying our warm living room the power went out for about a half hour. Gilbert went and got some of his work equipment to give us some light and he and Matthew ended up playing with it more than anything. I love my boys.
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.

Hopefully we'll get out of the house for a little while today.
I love your life :) at least...I love reading about it:)
ReplyDelete