Elise is getting to be just as busy as Matthew is. I found her trapped inside one of the dining room chairs the other day. She wasn't too upset about it but she couldn't figure out how to get herself out.

She's pretty particular about the temperature of her formula. If we're out and about and I can't warm the water up a little, she usually ends up looking like this because she spits some out. I can't really blame her. I've tasted the formula and it's pretty nasty. I'm looking forward to her starting regular milk in a few weeks.

Grammy bought Elise a dress in Hawaii. Here she is modeling it.

This was just bad timing but it makes me laugh pretty hard.

Matthew pretending to be asleep. Complete with snoring.

Silly boy

Snack time with Long Haul. Mommy made chocolate chip cookies.

Friday night we decided to head out to an outlet mall just to take a look around. It's been a while since we did any kind of shopping and it was just nice to get out of the house for a bit. Gilbert scored pretty big. Elise got a new pair of shoes. I got a top. I'm pretty hesitant to buy anything right now because I feel like I can't commit to any one size for a while. I've already told Gilbert that all I want is gift cards for Christmas so I can buy some clothes =)
Matthew had fun on the little ride on toys they had while we were there. We never actually put money into them because I think that would've scared him a little.


Elise just hung out in her stroller most of the night.

We're starting to get some warmer weather and it was warm enough for Matthew to wear shorts the other day. I just loved that he looked like his Daddy =)


Silly boy

Elise's version of "peek-a-boo"
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
Well, Elise mastered pulling up on to her knees and is pulling up on to her feet more and more. The other day I caught her trying to climb the stairs. She's still to short to really get her leg up there, though.


Elise has also officially started crawling. Finally.
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
There's just something about playing with Daddy's guitar case



More snack time. I just love his expression here.

Elise also discovered Matthew's Batman quad this morning. I think she wanted to ride it.


As for me... well, I've done more cooking, baking, and sewing. Who knew I had it all in me? I made Bobby Flay's chicken pamigiana last night with my own recipe for marinara sauce. I also decided at the last minute to make some focaccia bread and it came out really good. Last week I made chocolate chip cookies from scratch and was informed by my husband that he prefers the store bought Pillsbury cookie dough over homemade. I can live with that. At least he eats what I cook for him. As for sewing... I made Matthew a guitar strap since the strap that came on his guitar is way too long for him and he wants to wear it like his daddy. I plan on making another headband or two and doing some hemming/mending. I'd say the nesting kicked in early this time around. Oh, and I got a hair cut. For the first time in about 8 months =)

I have my 24 week appointment today and can't wait to hear our little girl's heart beat. She's been pretty active and is starting to make me a little uncomfortable. I definitely feel as though I'm carrying bigger this time around. We're 90% sure about her first name but haven't settled on a middle name yet. To be honest, we haven't talked about it a whole lot lately. Our 2 little ones (and our neighbor's 2 little ones) keep me pretty busy.

Elise will be 1 three weeks from tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment