I have so many pictures to share that I'll be breaking this up into at least 2 posts... maybe 3. I tried to narrow it down but I just couldn't bear not to share most of the pictures. In some of the pictures they're just too cute =). Funny thing is, I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I would have liked because I was constantly distracted by the kids' needs or because I was too tired to think of it.
The kids did so well on the plane. Matthew thought it was the best thing ever and the girls handled it well, too. I think the portable DVD player and Toy Story 3 may have helped a little.
Matthew at Grammy's house

He made himself right at home and started playing with Grandpa Mike's tape measure

Auntie Val

We went to the mall to buy a couple of things and we ended up sharing pretzels.

Matthew was covered in cinnamon and sugar by the end of it.

We met up with our friends Chris and Casey to get our favorite pizza. It was so, so good to hang out with these two. We love them and miss them so much... and, oh, how I miss Stuft Pizza. I'm so sad that I forgot my leftovers at my parents' house that night. I was looking forward to eating those, too...




After Stuft we headed to my parents' house to spend some time with my grandpa, my brother, and his family.
Viv and Great-Grandpa

The cousins. My brother's kid is white =)

Viv with Auntie E and Zion


Uncle Carlos


I love, love, LOVE this picture of Elise and my grandpa

The kids' first In-N-Out experience. They're not big on cheeseburgers so we got them grilled cheeses instead. This was on Monday night and it was already our 2nd In-N-Out trip of the week. I can't wait for In-N-Out to come to Texas...



My parents came to see us a couple of days later at my mother-in-law's house and they
got to play with the kids some more. I had to tell my dad to stop shoving candy in my kids' mouths. Crazy grandparents trying to spoil my kids :-p

Dancing to the song at the end of Iron Man 2 and my dad giving Elise more candy.
Untitled from Melissa S on Vimeo.
We were blessed with some perfect timing while we were in California. We have friends who live in Seattle that we haven't seen in 4 years and we've been joking about meeting up with them in California for a while now. It actually worked out! They were already planning on driving down to California in November anyway and our trips happened to line up. It was incredible and so good to see them.
Viviana and Jael are only about 3 weeks apart. That's my friend Melissa in the background.

Matthew talked Gabe and Melissa into swinging him while we walked around.




More to come =)
No comments:
Post a Comment